WWU Public Wi-Fi Network
Guests of Western Washington University can access the Internet from their personal devices using our public Wi-Fi network.
No guest account or password is required
- Simply browse for available wireless networks from your device’s wireless settings and select WWUwireless-Guest
- Review the Terms of Service and click or tap the Accept button
- Click or tap Done when you see the Western home page. You will now be able to connect to the Internet from your Web browser or other applications.
- WWUwireless-Guest is available throughout campus wherever WWUwireless-Secure is available. It is not available in the residence halls. They have their own guest Wi-Fi.
Will some visitors still need guest accounts?
If you have visitors who need to sign into university-owned computers in our computer labs, classrooms, or offices, please create a ticket with the Help Desk. The Public Wi-Fi is for guests who only need to connect a personal smartphone, tablet, or laptop to the Internet.
Can WWU faculty, staff, and students use Public Wi-Fi?
Students, faculty, and staff should use their WWU universal account to sign into WWUwireless-Secure, which is faster and more secure than Public Wi-Fi.
I'm a visitor and I'm having problems connecting, or reconnecting, to WWUwireless-Guest. What should I do?
- Try turning off Wi-Fi on your device and then turning it back on again.
- If restarting Wi-Fi does not work, try forgetting/removing the network from your device and then adding it again.
- Restarting the device, especially if it's a laptop, may help. You can also contact the Help Desk at 360-650-3333 or stop by Haggard Hall 123 during our full service hours for assistance.