Request a non-CRN course
This request form is for a manually created Canvas course where you intend to manage enrollment yourself. Your request should be created within two working days.
Request a Canvas guest account
This request form is for a person without a WWU account to be added to a Canvas course. Your request should be created within two working days.
Cross-List Your Courses
This request form is helpful for instructors who are teaching multiple instances of a course during an academic quarter.
Our purpose is to support essential academic technology tools in order to facilitate and enhance the teaching and learning experience of students, faculty, and staff.
Learning Systems is comprised of Canvas Support, Instructional Design, and the Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment--while working closely with Video Services and the Digital Media Center as well as other campus partners.
As a team, the staff works to promote best practices for teaching and learning by providing:
- One-on-one instructional design consultations
- Strategies for teaching and learning
- Strategies for the integration of educational technologies into pedagogy
- Best practices for using Canvas for instructional needs
- Integration of open educational resources (OER) into course materials
- Consultation on the development of special projects
For more information
- Canvas Help: one stop shop for help with Canvas
- Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment (CIIA): teaching & learning center
- Teaching & Learning Cooperative (TLCo-op): Western's multi-department collection of strategies, tools, and practices for innovative teaching and learning
Justina Brown, M.Ed.
Senior Instructional Designer - CIIA/ATUS
Learning Systems was formerly housed in Haggard Hall Room 154.
Canvas technical issues
Email Canvas Help or call 360-650-7900
Email Chris Powell, WWU Canvas Admin, or call 360-650-4159
Email AJ Barse, ATUS Instructional Designer, or call 360-650-7222
Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment
Email Justina Brown, CIIA Director, or call 360-650-7210
Visit the CIIA Website for more information