Are you new to WWU? This checklist will help you access the technology resources you need.
Steps everyone needs to take to connect with Western technology
- Activate your WWU Universal Account so you can access:
- Office 365 Email, OneDrive, Groups and more
- Canvas Learning Management System
- Connect a laptop or mobile device to the Internet wirelessly
- Access your @wwu.edu email from a Web browser or mobile device
- Save files to OneDrive so you can access them from anywhere
- Learn more about Office 365
- Browse training classes available to faculty, staff and students
- Visit or call the ATUS Help Desk for assistance with all of your technology needs!
Additional Resources for Students and Faculty
- Get started with Canvas
- The Student Technology Center for training and workshops
- The Center for Instructional Innovation and Assessment
- Computer Labs, Classroom Technology and Equipment Loan
- Video Services
- Digital Media Center
Additional Resources for Faculty & Staff
Access to shared files, group mailboxes and other shared resources
Faculty, staff and student employees frequently need access to information stored on a secure network drive, group mailbox, SharePoint site, or within an administrative application like Banner.
- Talk to someone in your department (e.g., supervisor, office manager, the head of the department) to find out what information you need to access. Contact the Help Desk if you need assistance figuring out what to request. It helps if you can provide the name of someone who already has the access you need.
- Ask your supervisor or the head of your department to request this access on your behalf. Again the Help Desk can provide guidance to help you obtain the necessary approvals and access.
- In many cases your supervisor will need to request access for you via email or an eSign webform. You will be notified once your access has been approved and added, and instructions for accessing the information will be provided.
For more information on the administrative applications available:
Visit the Enterprise Application Systems department's site.