Can my department request a shared Google Workspace account?
Google Workspace Availability
Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) apps are offered as an option for faculty, staff, and students to use as individuals. When you use an @wwu.edu address to sign in to Google Workspace, you must sign in as yourself using the following format:
- Your email@example.com
- Your WWU universal password
- Participate in group discussions by emailing the group directly from within Outlook, or via a group discussion page in Office 365. Teams will allow you to communicate with other members via group chat.
- Share documents, spreadsheets and other files with the group's shared document library
- Share information via the group's OneNote Notebook
- View all group events via a shared group calendar in Outlook or in Office 365
- Share and assign tasks with Office 365 Planner
If you prefer to use Google Docs and Sheets, you can share them from your personal Google Workspace account and then use the Office 365 Group for everything else. Please keep in mind that when you share something out of a personal account, the people you share it with will lose access to the content when you leave the university. Files that need to remain with a department or group should be stored in a shared location like an Office 365 Group, SharePoint site, or in a shared folder on the P: Drive.