Events & Professional Development
Learning about instructional strategies and technologies is never-ending. To help the Western teaching community strengthen our repertoire, ATUS and CIIA share professional development offerings each term.
For past events, see the Events Archive. For software training in Office and Adobe products, go to the HR Learning Library and search for "Student Technology Center."
We welcome one-on-one trainings and consultations via our Learning Systems staff. See also: How to Get Help
CIIA-ATUS Professional Development
Quarterly presentations, workshops, webinars and other offerings, along with access information, is available via the CIIA-ATUS ProDev self-enroll Canvas course.
Click to "Join this Course" and you will receive announcements when a new session is available as well as access to an archive of past recordings and slides.
Monday Morning Mentor Weekly 20-minute Videos
Monday Morning Mentor delivers a 20-minute online program each week, addressing some of today’s most important academic issues. Each program video is available for on-demand viewing for one full week. A Certificate of Attendance is also available. Please access the materials from our Canvas site:
Monday Morning Mentor – Click to "Join this Course" and you will receive weekly announcements when a new video is released as well as access to an archive of supplemental documents to these videos. Access to the programs in the Monday Morning Mentor series is restricted to members of Western Washington University as the subscribing institution.
Click to "Join this Course" and you will receive announcements when a new video is available as well as access to an archive of supplemental documents to these videos. Access is restricted to members of Western Washington University as the subscribing institution. The series is co-sponsored by the CIIA and Outreach and Continuing Education.
Self-Help Teaching and Learning Opportunities
- Teaching & Learning Co-op -strategies, tools, and practices for innovative teaching and learning
- Canvas Foundations (self-enroll Canvas course) - for anyone who is new to Canvas & WWU; 8 videos in about an hour!
- WWU Canvas Orientation for Faculty (self-enroll Canvas course) - everything teachers need to know to be successful users of Canvas
- Advancing Video Instructional Design with Panopto (self-enroll Canvas course) - tips and techniques for bringing class videos to the next level
- Getting Started with Panopto (self-enroll Canvas course) - getting started with Western's video management platform which is integrated into Canvas
- STC Online Workshops (self-enroll Canvas course) - extensive collection of self-paced learning modules