Computers Owned by Faculty and Staff
Office 365's online and downloadable productivity software is available at no cost to active faculty and staff. This software is licensed as long as the licensee has a valid @wwu.edu email address. If you leave the university, the software will switch to a read-only mode once you can no longer sign-in using an @wwu.edu email address. If you wish to continue using Microsoft Office after you leave the university, you can sign-up for a personal Office 365 subscription directly from Microsoft.
Office 365 includes:
- 1TB of OneDrive online storage
- Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Teams
- Online, accessible from any browser, with files that can be shared for collaboration
- Download desktop and mobile versions on as many systems/devices as you want (e.g., PCs or Macs, tablets, mobile devices) however, you can only be logged into a local installation of Office 365 on five (5) devices concurrently.
- Login to Office 365 through MyWestern or mail.wwu.edu
- If you login through myWestern you should see the "Install Office" button in the upper right corner. If not, Choose Settings (gear icon in the upper right) > Office 365 > Software
- Click Install to download and install the software
- Teams, Delve, Sharepoint, Sway, Forms, Planner, Video, SharePoint, Newsfeed, Yammer
- Apps Now Available