Sign in to your WWU Google Workspace Account
Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) accounts are optional tools offered in addition to Office 365, enabling access to Google Drive, Docs, and other applications. Your Google Workspace account does not replace Outlook email, contacts, calendaring or OneDrive, but instead provides additional tools that may be helpful for personal productivity and instruction.
You can sign-in to your Google Workspace account by browsing to www.google.com.
- Click the Sign In button in the upper right corner. If you are already signed in, click your Avatar in the upper right corner and choose Add Account
- Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org (even if your primary email address includes your first and last name) and click NEXT
- If you see a prompt that says there are two existing Google Accounts for you, choose Organization Google Apps Account
- You should be redirected to a Microsoft Office 365 login page (even though you are trying to access a Google account, you are accessing it with your WWU Office 365 credentials)
- Enter email@example.com and your universal password. Then click the Sign in button.
If you receive an error stating your google Workspace account was not found or has been disabled, please reach out to the ATUS Help Desk. Western ran into a user capacity limitation in Google Workspace (currently a free service from Google) and halted automatic provisioning of licenses for all new accounts. If you require a Google Workspace account for a class, you may request one be created by contacting the ATUS Help Desk.
We urge students, faculty, and staff to use Microsoft OneDrive whenever possible as opposed to storing data in Google Drive. We are able to secure the data contained in the cloud within OneDrive much more effectively due to our agreement with Microsoft.
For limitations and disadvantages for academic use, see File Storage, File Sharing, and Backups.