If you have permission to use a shared mailbox, you can access it using the Outlook client or using OWA in Web browser.
Outlook 2013/2016/Office 365 for Windows
- Open the Outlook client and click the FILE menu, then click + Add Account
- Type the full email address of the Shared Mailbox you would like to add:
- Click Sign in with another account to sign in with your own credentials:
- Enter your email@example.com :
- Enter your universal password
- Click Sign in with another account again:
- Click your name:
- Restart your Outlook client to see your newly added mailbox in the left-hand pane
Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Go to Tools on the menu bar and select Accounts…
- Click the ‘+’ in the lower left corner and select New Account… to add a new account.
- Add your group mailbox email address and click Continue
- Click Sign in with another account and then enter your universal cloud username (in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Click Done
- You can change the Account description to the mailbox name. Close out of this window; the group mailbox will now be listed!
Access a shared mailbox using a Web browser:
- Login to OWA as yourself.
- Select your name in the upper right corner
- Click the link to Open another mailbox...
- Search for the mailbox you wish to open
- Click Open when the mailbox is found.
The Outlook app for iOS and Android allows you to add a shared mailbox from the settings.
If you are not able to access a shared mailbox in the Outlook client:
First try to open the mailbox using a Web browser as described below. If you can access the mailbox using a Web browser, try removing the mailbox and re-adding it to Outlook. If it was recently created, there may be a delay between when the inbox is created and when it's in a fully usable state. If you're not sure if you have permissions to a shared mailbox, simply email the ATUS Help Desk to verify that you have access to that mailbox.
If the mailbox will not open for you, contact the Help Desk for assistance.