If you have permission to use a shared mailbox, you can access it using the Outlook client or using OWA in Web browser.
Outlook 2013/2016 for Windows
- Open the Outlook client and click the FILE menu, then ACCOUNT SETTINGS, and then Account Settings again
- Select your personal account (it's usually the only account listed) and click the CHANGE button
- Click MORE SETTINGS
- Click the Advanced tab
- Click the Add... button and enter the display name (as it appears in the Address Book) of your shared mailbox. Click the OK button
- Click OK, NEXT, and FINISH on all remaining windows. There may be a slight delay in which Outlook says it's "Not Responding" as it connects to the inbox: this is normal.
- Close the Account Settings window. You should now see your shared mailbox in your list of folders in the Outlook Folder Pane to your left
Oultook 2011/2016 for Mac
- Go to Tools on the menu bar and select Accounts…
- Click the ‘+’ in the lower left corner and select New Account… to add a new account.
- Add your group mailbox email address and click Continue
- Click Sign in with another account and then enter your universal cloud username (in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Click Done
- You can change the Account description to the mailbox name. Close out of this window; the group mailbox will now be listed!
If you are not able to access a shared mailbox in the Outlook client:
First try to open the mailbox using a Web browser as described below. If you can access the mailbox using a Web browser, try removing the mailbox and re-adding it to Outlook. If it was recently created, there may be a delay between when the inbox is created and when it's in a fully usable state. If you're not sure if you have permissions to a shared mailbox, simply email the ATUS Help Desk to verify that you have access to that mailbox.
Access a shared mailbox using a Web browser:
- Login to OWA as yourself.
- Select your name in the upper right corner
- Click the link to Open another mailbox...
- Search for the mailbox you wish to open
- Click Open when the mailbox is found.
If the mailbox will not open for you, contact the Help Desk for assistance.