BullsEye is a tool that allows faculty and staff to send targeted emails to various groups within Western's community. Recipients can be selected by uploading Western ID numbers or by selecting appropriate departments, employee types, or academic disciplines.
- Bullseye is not used to send email to all employees or all students. Please contact University Communications to discuss the best way to reach these groups with your message. Bullseye is instead used to target more specific groups in our community.
- Additional detailed instructions are available here: Bullseye Help
Instructions for Using Bullseye
- Get Permissions
All employees have standard Bullseye access, but if you need access for a student employee please contact the ATUS Help Desk at email@example.com.
- Log In
- Go to Bullseye at http://bullseye.wwu.edu
- Login with your WWU universal account using just your username without the @wwu.edu suffix.
- Send Targeted Messages (E-mail)
At this point you can to choose to:
- select a group of people
- upload a list of Western ID numbers (W#s). If you are familiar with BI-Query or job submission, you can use one of those to generate a list of W#s. If you do not see the option to upload a list of W Numbers, contact the Help Desk. You need special permission to use this feature.
- Creating a Message
If you are not sure what to input for a message field, use the online help accessed by clicking on the help icons.
- Helpful Tips
- From and Reply To fields:
You need to provide a valid wwu.edu address in the From and Reply To fields.
- From field:
The email address you enter in the From: field will be the email address that all recipients will see in the email message.
- Reply To field:
The email address you enter in the Reply To: field will be the mailbox it which all replies will be sent. This will usually be the same as the address in the FROM field.
We recommend using a word processor with spell check to compose your message and subject and then paste the text into the fields in BullsEye. For best results, paste the text as plain text and then use the Bullseye editor to format the message.
Smart quotes are not interpreted correctly by the system and will appear as question marks in the body of your message. If you have quotation marks in your text, you will either want to turn off "smart quotes" in your word processor program or paste your text into Notepad before pasting it into BullsEye.
Bullseye does not support HTML tags.
If you have an associated link in the body of your message, use the full address (e.g., http://helpdesk.wwu.edu).
- Only select 'Log in GURMAIL' if you already know what this means.
- Carefully review your message on the Confirm screen before you click Send.
- From and Reply To fields:
- What to expect after you've submitted your message
- Email messages are sent out at approximately :01 and :31 after the hour, 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
- Expect your From: address to receive a number of returned messages from invalid or over quota mailboxes.
- Some of the email sent may be tagged as SPAM – keep track of the messages that are getting tagged this way and we can help work out a means to reduce this occurrence.