All students, faculty and staff have access to an @wwu.edu email account that is part of Microsoft Office 365. If you are new to WWU, you may need to activate your computer account if you have not already done so. If you have any questions or problems, contact the ATUS Help Desk at 360-650-3333, firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our office in Haggard Hall 123 during regular business hours.
Learn more about Office 365, or continue reading to learn how to access your @wwu.edu email using any Web browser.
Access Your New Mailbox:
- Go to http://mail.wwu.edu
- On the Microsoft Office 365 Sign In page, enter your new email address: email@example.com
- Enter your Western universal password and click the Sign In button
Help using Outlook on the Web
- Create and send a new message
- Reply, reply to all, or forward an email message
- Print an email message
- Search your mailbox for a specific email message
What about mobile devices?
If you rely on your mobile device to receive your Western email, it is important to verify that your smartphone or tablet is connected to your new @wwu.edu mailbox. This will allow you to receive timely notifications for things like wait-listing on your mobile device.
Access via mobile clients to your old @students.wwu.edu mailbox has been disabled. You may receive an error from these apps telling you that the app is unable to connect to the server or it may simply fail to update. You will be able to connect the same apps to your new mailbox, but you will need to change your sign-in name from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com. Click the following links to find out how to connect to your new @wwu.edu mailbox:
- Office 365 for iPhone & iPad
- Office 365 for Android Phones & Tablets
- Office 365 for Windows Mobile Phones & Tablets
What about Windows or Mac OS?
- University owned computers are managed by your IT staff and should already have Microsoft Office installed. The Office 365 installation allows you to install the apps on up to 5 personally owned devices.
You can also bring your laptop or mobile device to the ATUS Help Desk for assistance.