Upgrade to EndNote X9 from Versions X3, X4, X5, X6, X7 or X8
EndNote for Windows and Mac integrates the following tasks into one program:
- Insert citations from your EndNote library into your documents and automatically build a bibliography in over 6000 styles right from Word.
- Search online libraries and databases directly from EndNote and import references and full-text articles in seconds.
- Organize, update and share your references with your colleagues, and add personal annotations and notes to your references and full-text PDF articles.
- EndNote Compatibility and System Requirements
- There is also a free online version of EndNote available. Compare EndNote Basic and EndNote X9
EndNote can be used on Windows and Mac computers, iPad, and online via your web browser.
EndNote is cross-platform compatible. Following the EndNote end user license agreement, this means:
- Individuals who purchase a single user license can install EndNote on up to three computers for their personal use.
- Sharing a license with other users is not allowed under the individual license agreement.
- Those computers can be any combination of Mac and Windows machines.
- By creating or logging into a Endnote online account (under preferences > Sync), that individual can sync their library across all three computers, as well as access it through EndNote online and an iPad app.