SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) Premium is a data management and analysis software. Modules for data analysis include descriptive statistics such as plots, frequencies, charts, and lists, as well as more complex statistical procedures like analysis of variance (ANOVA), factor analysis, cluster analysis, and categorical data analysis.
SPSS Statistics Premium includes the following modules:
- IBM SPSS Statistics 'Core Base' & 'Extended Base'
- IBM SPSS Advanced Statistics
- IBM SPSS Regression
- IBM SPSS Bootstrapping
- IBM SPSS Categories
- IBM SPSS Complex Samples
- IBM SPSS Conjoint
- IBM SPSS Custom Tables
- IBM SPSS Data Preparation
- IBM SPSS Decision Trees
- IBM SPSS Direct Marketing
- IBM SPSS Exact Tests
- IBM SPSS Forecasting
- IBM SPSS Missing Values
- IBM SPSS Neural Networks
SPSS 25 will be installed in most general university labs for the 2018-2019 academic year.
SPSS may be used for:
- Teaching and non-commercial academic research. Non-commercial academic research means research by degree seeking students and faculty members where (i) the results of such research are not intended primarily for the benefit of a third party; (ii) such results are made available to anyone without restriction on use, copying or further distribution; and (iii) any copy of any such result is furnished for no more than the cost of hosting, reproduction, and shipping.
- Administrative research and other administrative and operational purposes on university-owned machines only.
Licenses for CHSS, CSE, CBE, Huxley, and WCE faculty and staff have been paid by the colleges. Licenses for other faculty are $150 for administrative research. All licenses are renewable each June.
This license also allows Work-at-Home benefits for licensed faculty, staff and students.
- A limited number of licenses for Amos (Windows only) are available.
- Licenses for SPSS 24 are available upon request.
- SPSS 21, 22 and 23 are no longer available for download.