ATUS is committed to providing a transparent plan for the adoption of new technologies in support of institutional goals.
Top Projects for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
- Release of G Suite (formerly Google Apps) to All Students, Faculty and Staff
- Pilot of a Mobile Device Management system
- Service Desk Replacement
- Projector Replacements in Select Classrooms
- Proposals to Fund Video Services, Classroom Updates and the Digital Media Center
- Account Maintenance Improvements
- Design of Self-Help PIN Resets for Alumni
- Audience Response System Recommendation
Projects Completed in the 2015-2016 Academic Year
- The Digital Media Center opened its doors and is now hosting open houses, workshops and classes.
- The Student Technology Center now offers 3D printing with new workshops in 3D modeling.
- Working with WebTech, ATUS now supports CampusPress, a WordPress environment for the campus.
- Students now use the same Office 365 environment that faculty and staff enjoy bringing about new capabilities for collaboration.
- Faculty have responded to an ATUS survey on use and satisfaction of instructional technologies.
- Working with Enterprise Infrastructure Services, ATUS upgraded the TechSmith Relay environment for presentation recording. All staff and students may now use this system without requesting an account.
- ATUS completed Phase I of a study of the use of Classroom Response Systems (aka Clickers). Phase II will continue into the fall term.
- ATUS updated its website to the Drupal platform with a launch date of June 15, 2016.