New Student Printing Procedure
General University Labs Open for Winter 2021
The following General University labs will be open for Winter 2021 from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday through Friday:
- HH 101 (Windows)
- HH 112 (Windows)
- FI 101 (macOS)
ATUS has been working hard to improve the campus student printing experience. A web client has been added to all the ATUS lab machines, so printing can be released from the workstation - you no longer have to go to a print release station to print your documents. We've also added popup notifications for the following:
- Your print jobs exceed 75 pages or 250MB in size - you'll be notified to make adjustments and the job will be automatically deleted.
- You do not have sufficient funds to print your job - you can add funds to your print quota online or at a Print Quota station. Insufficient fund jobs will be deleted after 4 hours.
New Printing Instructions
- To release your print job(s) from your lab station, double-click on the desktop icon labeled"Print Your Documents".
- Enter your username and password.
- To print a job, click on the empty checkbox to the left of your file's name. To print all the jobs in the list, click the empty checkbox at the top.
- After selecting "Print", your document(s) will start printing. "Delete" will delete the selected document from the print queue. "Refresh" will show your documents sitting in queue.
- If you do not have sufficient funds in your print queue or print balance, a popup message will display notifying you that the print job was not able to complete and was deleted.
You can add funds using cash at a Print Deposit station in the STC or AW 3rd floor. There is also a “Print Quota Web Deposit” desktop shortcut ($1 service fee added by service card provider).
- You will get an error message if your file exceeds 75 pages or 250MB.
- Popup messages may be hidden beneath open documents.
- You will not be charged for deleted print jobs.
- Insufficient fund jobs and jobs not released will be deleted after 4 hours.
- You can still release jobs using the Print Release station located next to printers.
Contact the ATUS Help Desk 360.650.3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.