New Look Coming to Canvas for Summer 2016
As of Thursday, June 16th, Western Washington University’s Canvas will have a new look. All institutions using Canvas are required to adopt the new interface by July 9th, 2016. We have chosen June 16th to update so we can have it in place before the Summer 2016 term begins.
This update takes advantage of a more responsive design that optimizes how content is displayed across multiple devices. The main difference you will notice is the way you navigate to your courses once logged in. Inside your course, the content and layout have not been changed.
- Left-side Global Navigation
- Customizable Course Cards – Add a Nickname and Color Preference
- Ability to Show/Hide Course Navigation and Maximize Screen for Course Content
Sneak Peak of New Screens
PDF Guides and Video Tutorials
How to Customize Course Card
How to Customize New Dashboard
Profile, Add Email, Web Services & Download Content
- Profile, Add Email, Web Services & Download Content (HTML)
- Profile, Add Email, Web Services & Download Content