Mail & Calendar Windows 8 Phones & Tablets
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select email + accounts.
- Select add an account > Exchange. In Windows Phone 8, you may have to tap Advanced before Exchange appears as an option.
- Enter email@example.com and your universal password, and then selectSign in. Windows will try to set up your email account automatically. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If you see the message “Check your information and try again. You may have mistyped your password.”, verify that you entered the correct email address and password. At this stage, you don’t need to specify any values for User name and Domain. Select Sign in. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If your email account can't be set up automatically, you’ll see the message, “We couldn’t find your settings”. Select Advanced. You'll need to enter the following information:
E-mail address: This is your full email access, for exampleFirstName.LastName@wwu.edu
Password: This is your Western universal password
User name: Enter firstname.lastname@example.org
Domain: Leave blank
- Select the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box
- Select Sign in
- Select OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password. Western requires mobile devices to have a password to unlock them. You can use either a 4-digit numeric passcode or a more complex password