How to Get Free Microsoft Software - Students
Free Microsoft Software for Students
Office 365 for Students
Thanks to Western's campus agreement with Microsoft, Western students can download and install, free:
- Microsoft Office for Windows
- Microsoft Office for Mac
- Microsoft apps for mobile devices running iOS or Android
This software is available and licensed as long as you have a valid WWU student email. Note: To keep your free license activated, you need to launch at least one Office application (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) at least once every 30 days on each device.
To install Microsoft Office on up to five laptop or desktop computers:
- Sign into Office 365 through myWestern or by going directly to office.com
- Sign in using your email@example.com and your universal password.
- You should see the "Install Office" button in the upper right corner. If not, choose Settings (gear icon in the upper right) > Office 365 > Software
- Click Install to download and install the software
The software will be installed on your computer. Your copy of Office will remain active as long as you maintain your status as a student. Once you graduate or leave the university, you will have the opportunity to keep using the software by paying for a license directly from Microsoft.