All current WWU students can download Microsoft Windows operating system upgrades (Windows 8 or Windows 10) and the complete Office Professional Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) for Windows and Mac OS at no charge. You can keep software obtained under this program even after graduation. This program is not available for staff or faculty.
To download the free software, go to the online store at http://wwu.onthehub.com. Click Sign In, then Register to create an account using your WWU email address. Important steps:
- Once the Windows or Office software is downloaded, it must be activated with the product code available on the website. If not activated, the software installs as a 30-day trial. This software is good for two installations.
- Be sure to save the installation file and the software product code in case you need to re-install the software!
- Office 2016 requires signing in with a Microsoft Live ID.You can use a Microsoft ID that you already have or create one. This is not your WWU student ID or email address.
Western’s Information Technology Office funded this program for the 2012-2013 academic year. In May 2013, students voted to allocate funds from the Student Technology Fee to fund the program for an additional five years ending in June 2018.
Kivuto Systems provide download and installation assistance.
- in the Online Store, click the Help link in the top left corner
- email email@example.com
- call Kivuto Technical Support at 1-888-396-1447 or 613-526-2881
Office 365 for Students
Office 365 Accounts for Students also provides a Microsoft Office 2016 download. That software is available and licensed as long as you have a valid WWU student email.