Can my department request a shared G Suite account?
G Suite Availability
G Suite (Google) apps are offered as an option for faculty, staff, and students to use as individuals. When you use an @wwu.edu address to sign in to G Suite, you must sign in as yourself using the following format:
- Your email@example.com
- Your WWU universal password
- Participate in group discussions by emailing the group directly from within Outlook, or via a group discussion page in Office 365. Teams will allow you to communicate with other members via group chat.
- Share documents, spreadsheets and other files with the group's shared document library
- Share information via the group's OneNote Notebook
- View all group events via a shared group calendar in Outlook or in Office 365
- Share and assign tasks with Office 365 Planner
If you prefer to use Google Docs and Sheets, you can share them from your personal G Suite account and then use the Office 365 Group for everything else. Please keep in mind that when you share something out of a personal account, the people you share it with will lose access to the content when you leave the university. Files that need to remain with a department or group should be stored in a shared location like an Office 365 Group, SharePoint site, or in a shared folder on the P: Drive.