IBM SPSS Statistics is available with academic discounts through two programs at Western.
- The IBM SPSS Campus Value Academic Program for teaching and non-commercial research.
- The IBM SPSS Administrative Program for non-instructional administrative use.
- A shared concurrent license is available for $150 per year renewable each May.
- Pricing for individual administrative SPSS licenses varies due to specific features. Please contact ATUS Software Services for available options and pricing.
What is Non-Commercial Academic Research?
SPSS non-commercial academic research means research by degree seeking students and faculty members where
- the results of such research are not intended primarily for the benefit of a third party;
- such results are made available to anyone without restriction on use, copying or further distribution; and
- any copy of any such result is furnished for no more than the cost of hosting, reproduction, and shipping
What SPSS Products are Offered?
The Western Washington University IBM SPSS Campus Value Academic Program includes:
- SPSS Statistics Base, Advanced Statistics and Regression for Windows and Macintosh
- SPSS Amos for Windows (quantity limited)
- SPSS SamplePower
- SPSS Visualization Designer
Is there a cost for SPSS?
The cost of WWU's annual IBM Campus Value Program is divided among SPSS users. Contributions have been made for all faculty workstations and student lab workstations in these groups:
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Science and Engineering
- Woodring College of Education
- Huxley College of the Environment
- Shannon Point Marine Center
- Academic Technology and User Services (for general university labs and classrooms)
- Student Technology Center
The cost for faculty or student-use university-owned workstations not in the groups above: $100 per workstation for the period July through June each academic year.
SPSS Work-at-Home licenses for faculty and students can be added as well.
Please contact us for pricing for non-academic administrative use.
What Versions are Available?
SPSS releases a new version each year. The two previous years are also supported. Software versions older than 3 years are NOT supported and you will need to upgrade. Upgrades are done in the computer labs automatically each year to the latest version.
SPSS Statistics 24 will be installed in general university labs and classroom for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Do I have to upgrade each year?
You do not have to upgrade each year, but versions older than 3 years are not supported. However even if you are not upgrading, if you are using a university-owned laptop or work-at-home license, you still need to Re-Authorize SPSS each year. Networked installations on office computers and in computer labs are automatically licensed for you each year.