Fall Teaching & Learning Support
Welcome to Fall 2022! While new workshops and events will be posted soon, we wanted to share some resources you might find helpful right now.
DIY Learning Options
- Teaching & Learning Co-op - strategies, tools, and practices for innovative teaching and learning
- Monday Morning Mentor Weekly Videos (self-enroll Canvas course) - Most sessions have transcripts available after the video expires (each video available for 1 week).
- 9-19-22: What Are 5 Easy-To-Use Technologies That Have A Big Impact on Learning in the Online Classroom?
- 9-26-22: How Can I Teach with Confidence in the Hyflex Classroom?
- 10-03-22: What Interventions Help Students Master Deep Reading and Engage with Assignments?
- New video each week!
- NEW! Canvas Foundations (self-enroll Canvas course) - for anyone who is new to Canvas & WWU; 8 videos get you started in about an hour!
- NEW! Advancing Video Instructional Design with Panopto (self-enroll Canvas course) - tips and techniques for bringing class videos to the next level
- WWU Canvas Orientation for Faculty (self-enroll Canvas course) - everything teachers need to know to be successful users of Canvas
- Getting Started with Panopto (self-enroll Canvas course) - get going or go further with Western's video management system
- STC Online Workshops (self-enroll Canvas course) - extensive collection of self-paced learning modules
Key Resources for Students
- Syllabi@WWU - WWU policies and campus resources written for students (Tip: link to this from your syllabi!)
- WWU Canvas Orientation for Students (self-enroll Canvas course) - to help students be successful users of Canvas
- Flexible Learning - ATUS tips and learning resources related to learning in any modality
- Stay Connected - ATUS & community resources options for computer access and accessing the Internet
- STC Online Workshops (self-enroll Canvas course)
Last but not least, check out some key feature updates for Canvas, Zoom, Panopto, and Socrative: Academic Systems Key Feature Updates.
As events are scheduled, they will appear with access links on this page: ATUS-CIIA ProDev Self-Enroll Canvas course. More soon!