Beginning during the winter break of 2016, faculty, staff, and students will have the opportunity to use Google’s G Suite (formerly called Google Apps) using your WWU “cloud” username (email@example.com) and password.
The G Suite apps that are available at this time
- Google Drive, which includes file storage, file sharing, and basic “office” productivity apps like Docs and Sheets.
- Google Talk / Hangouts: Video, voice, or text conversations across all your devices
- Keep: Create, share, and manage notes and to-dos
- Sites: Create, share and publish websites New for Spring 2017!
- Google Groups: Create mailing lists and discussion groups
- Google Photos: Store, edit, and share photos online
- YouTube: Upload, view, and share videos
- Google Drive is being offered as an optional service
- Gmail is not part of the suite and will not be offered
- Some other G Suite apps, like YouTube, will be made available later
- Office 365 will remain as Western’s fully-supported office and productivity suite of services
Sign in to G Suite with your firstname.lastname@example.org!
Learn more at our G Suite for Western web page, or watch the Just Two Minutes episode below: